Thanks to advancements in veterinary care, pets are living longer and healthier lives than ever before. Regular veterinary wellness exams for your senior cat or dog become essential to their health as they age. Wellness exams every 6 months can help detect and treat issues early.
The most common symptoms to look for in your senior pet are thirst, urination, and changes in appetite or energy. Other symptoms may include:
- Changes in sleep patterns
- House soiling (“accidents”)
- Less interest in playing
- Easily disturbed by loud sounds
- Unusually aggressive behavior
- Increased barking/meowing
- Anxiety or nervousness
- Confused or disoriented behavior
- Increased wandering
- Repeating the same actions
- Not responding to voice commands
- More grouchy or irritable than usual
Is your pet 7+ years old? Are you noticing any signs of aging? It may be time for your pet’s senior wellness exam!